Monday, September 5, 2016

Session VI: 82116 – 90316



Session VI: 82116 – 90316



We won the week by a sliver… losing just under half a pound more than we gained. The weight was flat, which is to be expected at this point. We’re not doing anything radical such as 30 or 90 day programs, no special diets etc. I am lifting more regularly – every other day, with an extra fourth day of mostly body weight and experimental stuff. I’ve begun working the chest more with dumbbells, but I’ve maxed the rack (75 lbs.) so I’ll just have to do more reps. I started doing dead chest presses b/w the floor and the smith machine to help get my barbell press back to my standard ‘250 on a bad day.’

The weekly average looks more like a correction than an unexplained gain. Last week was an especially “light” week – so I looked at the week before last; this week’s digits are in line with two weeks ago. I still “think” I’m 10 pounds heavier than I should be, but I’m probably right where I should be. Once again, the mirror is showing a leaning more defined image than the scale is showing.

The AMX (morning exercises) still consists of stretching, twisting and the occasional off-balance planks and pushups (which stress the anterior delts over the chest.) I don’t think I hit as many handstands this week as I have been. I think the weight lifting may take some of my strength for those puppies. Eating is still the same… protein moderate, higher fats, very few carbs, but still drinking tea.

Overnight (sleeping) weight loss has been averaging 1.5 – 2 lbs. Daily weight gain is closer to two lbs., which we can see is why we’re gaining weight… (should I say, “not losing weight?”). I don’t lose weight during the day. Most days I’ll gain. The best scenario has been breaking even during the day, and then drop 1 to 1.5 lbs during sleep. Fasting days would probably help cut some daily weight gain, but then I cut the muscle too. What I should do is go all out for muscle gain and not worry about the fat.. But, oh… I’ve done that before. Might as well keep with this strategy – it’s going slow, but it’s still going.

Day
Sunday
8-21
Monday
8-22
Tuesday
8-23
Wednesday
8-24
Thursday
8-25
Friday
8-26
Saturday
8-27
Ave.
Weight
181.6
181.8
180.8
181.4
182
181.8
180.8
181.4
Body Fat %
15.6
15.9
15.4
15.5
15.7
15.7
15.4
15.6
BF wt.
28.33
28.91
27.84
28.12
28.57
28.54
27.84
28.31
H2O %
61.7
61.5
61.9
61.8
61.7
61.7
61.9
61.7
H2O wt
112.04
111.8
111.91
112.1
112.3
112.17
111.91
111.92
Muscle mass %
43.8
43.7
43.9
43.9
43.8
43.8
43.9
43.8
Muscle wt.
79.54
79.45
79.37
79.63
79.72
79.63
79.37
79.53
MM:BF
ratio
2.81
2.75
2.85
2.83
2.79
2.79
2.85
2.81
    Annual average: 180.2        Monthly average:  181.3        


82116 – Sunday [#64]: wake 0400.
AMX – good session – from chair to mat.
Tea.
Weigh  in [-1] – still over 180.
Bkft – Lentils and cheese.
Rt. Heel doesn’t feel right. No pain. More semi-numbness.
Gig – trail mix.
Round I: [N] –
Lunch: Tootsie’s 73% kale, chicken, cottage cheese.
Round II: [N] –
Leave the gig, head to the Y.
YMCA pre-supps, cayenne (3) BY (4)
Round III: [N]
The work:
Thigh dips with 10 lb dumbbells; One arm snatch – 40, 45, 50 lbs. 2 x 5 reps each.
Dumbbell press, 50, 60, 70 and 75 1 short set. First time pushing 75 lbs dbs in many years. It came back quick. Now I know I can do it.
Smith bar suspended pull ups (with assist band). 3 sets.
Seated rows – went 90 – 165 cable.
Scapula pull-shrugs went to 180.
High chest cable front flies and lateral push downs.
Standing shoulder press 25 and 30s. 30s went up well. Happily surprised.
Cable twists.. about 90 minutes. I think my muscle endurance has improved. Still need to balance this with body weight training, however.
Ride home in the deluge.
Home – cashews
Meal – Beef burger/cottage cheese
Round IV: [N] – Late
1 more tea. Heel feels numbish. Ankle is better. No jumping yet.
Weigh out 183.4 +1.8. Have to get into striking distance. Big work day today. Do I lose more when I work legs??
AVC before bed…

Week by week (#36) average weight comparison 2016 vs 2015... Doing better this year.



82216 – Monday [#65]: Wake 0400: AMX – short chair – mat work – abs- twists, side crunches.
Tea –
Weigh in [-1.6] no comment.
Bkft: P-butter, blueberries, cinnamon and honey.
Gig: T-Mix
Round I: [TN] Late morning.
Lunch – Park’s 74% turkey, greens, avos, cottage cheese.

YMCA  - pre supps BY & Cayenne – Feel it.
Round II: [L] –
The work: Abs, pulling, BWT.
Round III: [L] – Class, long time to warm up. Working with 15 lbs (up from 10 lbs.) profound difference.

Round IV: [L] – Jupiter
Post supps – aminos & glutamine.
Walk home – strong, steady walk too. Surprised.
Home: P-butter scoop. Dinner – Burger, moz cheese, shrooms, scallions.
Tea – 1 tsp (sugar)
Weigh out 181.8 [ 0 gain ] – is this what I have to do? Work out for two hours and walk for 40 minutes, just to break even? Tomorrow is a break day, but maybe aerobics or calisthenics. I need to restock my grub.. Time for crock pot goodness again.

ACV – wonder what was up with all the lameness today.

82316 – Tuesday [#66]: Woke 0400: AMX – Chair yoga and mat. Shoulder planks.

Tea –
Round I: [N] – B later.
Weigh in [-1] – okay, but I was looking for 2 lbs off.
Bkft – lentils, egg, cheese (moz), blueberries and macadamias

Today, I’m wondering if I should replicate a group fitness day… or go shopping? I need some supplies and I can bus it to the market and hike back for the exercise. I’ve got 7 hours to decide.

Gig: T-mix
Tea @ Lunch time, & blueberries.
Round II: [H] – hard & heavy
Blowout stack (no yohimbe in this stack) – Leave the gig.
Got to shop, clean, train, pack vits, then what?

Strong walk from the market. Scored some coconut H2O. p-butter and tea 2 home.
Meal: 2x chicken thighs. More tea. Peanuts, ACV, ankle therapy.
Weigh out 183.4 [+2.6].
Lo cal day. Long walk, about a mile? Not much H2O. warm day, low humidity. Workout tomorrow.. lift therapy.


82416 – Wednesday [#67]:  Wake 0400 – been waking up minutes before the alarm,but I don’t check.

Round I: [B-T] –
AMX – Chair to mat, tricky planks and shoulder pushups.
Bkft – chicken thigh soup.
Round II: [N] – Out to the gig.
Gig – apple first and t-mix. I managed to hold out for a couple of hours.
Round III: [C-SF] – seemed substantial.
Park’s for lunch 69% salmon, cottage cheese, avos, greens – not that hungry, ate half.
Round IV: [C-SF] – combo. Get psyched for the gym.
Blow out stack before leaving the gig.

YMCA – pre-supps BY & Cayenne
Vanity Day – chest work. DB Press – 55,65, 75 3 x 6 I want more reps!!!
Smith dead press  -

82516 – Thursday [#68]: Wake 0400 –
Round I: [T-B]
AMX – more mat and abs than chair today.
Tea –
Bkft – chicken soup (thighs)
Gig – T-mix, H2O, Nice day, but kind f feeling blah today.
Tea – finished up yesterday’s lunch.
Home – study… block chain research.
Meal – burger, cottage cheese.
Tea.
Meal 2: bowl of soup.

[add to the bit-stash and purchase noxsoma.com]
Round III: [N] – no exercise, break/rest day.
Tomorrow’s schedule – dead lifts and pulls.
Got the clothes presses..
Weight out 183.4 [+1.4]
ACV – good night +2230


Weekly bar graph (Season 6 beginning June 19th) gains vs losses. Scored more losses, last 4 weeks.

82616 – Friday [#69]: wake 0630.. well, 0615 and went back to bed for 15.. It’s hard to get up early on off days.
Round I: [T-N] – chores, prep.
Tea – No AMX Y later. Got errands. Should be able to lift today.
Weigh in 181.8 [-1.6] not straying from the norm. I’m sticking with the muscle building. The look, fit and strength has to be a better  gauge than the scale.
Round II: [T-N-L] not hungry, maybe train first?
Bkft AQ the usual? Nope… sat there for 10 minutes, no service. Switch up the plan.. Go to Media, eat, hit the Y on the way back. 14 hr fast. Should I even be lifting during that? AQ wasn’t meant to be.

Change of plan – opted for the Y on an empty stomach… well 2 handfuls of trail mix. Pre-supps, aminos (4) by (4)…

Dead lifts – thought I might spend the who session at this –
Warm ups…. 28 reps.. then 2 heavy ones. Up to 345 without wraps, then one huge 375 lb pull. No record, but a bit stronger.

Standing barbell shrugs 220+
Single leg presses.
Some lateral pull ups.
About 60 minutes total. Post supps arg-2 carn-2 glue-3.
Now to Media – get breakfast.. or lunch… maybe.
Round III: [NT] post workout.

Got the Vet’s card – good day too.
Bkft finally – blackened duck salad Quotations.
Home – nut snacks.
Tea
Bowl of soup – thighs
Passed out. No night rituals, no weigh out.

We Dropped below the Zero line again meaning we're lower than our beginning weight.


82716 – Saturday [#70]: Wake 0630
Round I: [N] –
AMX – chair to mat, stretch, twist 0800 came quickly.
Tea –weigh in (no weigh out last night.. it was a pass out.)
Bkft – pbutter, honey, blueberries, honey.
Uncle Herb’s funeral Today.
Y-Later. I think maybe late. Looks like we won the week – losses.
Said goodbye to Uncle Herb. Nice service.
Meal – Buffett – ribs and seafood, no carbs. One plate. Not hungry. (Iced tea 2x).
It was a full day, I didn’t make it to the Y.
Got a decent workout in at home, although it was a non-workout day.

END OF SESSION 6 Part 1



We’re just going to have to spin this week as much as possible and look on the positive side. Sunday I worked overtime which meant no workout, sitting around for 16 instead of 8 (hrs) and I treated myself to half a roasted duck for “dinner.” The weight was already on the rise and then it just popped (2 lbs. is poppin’ FYI). No fitness class on Monday… and on Wednesday… BOOM! More weight.


On the bright side… OT check, a great workout on Tuesday as well as back to back trainings on Thursday and Friday, and the weight dropped slightly towards the end of the week. Nonetheless I end up with high averages for the week, edging on a 183 lb. average. Average muscle weight is a sliver under 80 lbs., so I’m happy about that. Plus, I’m feeling stronger, I’m lifting heavier, although I’m not doing much, or enough walking.

As I’ve noticed months back, the higher my weight goes the higher muscle weight rises- duh! – but, the ratio drops. So maybe, according to the scale anyway, I shouldn’t worry about ratios anymore – look closer at the mirror, because I’m seeing some new territory being revealed as the flab dissolves.

Bottom line, it was a good week. Gains beat losses, but after 4 weeks of losses winning out, it’s time for a correction… maybe. Next week will be different. Four days off… and hopefully I’ll get some good trainings in.

Day
Sunday
8-28
Monday
8-29
Tuesday
8-30
Wednesday
8-31
Thursday
9-1
Friday
9-2
Saturday
9-3
Ave.
Weight
182
184
184
184.4
182.8
181.8
181.8
182.9
Body Fat %
15.7
16.1
16.1
16.4
15.9
15.7
15.7
15.9
BF wt.
28.57
29.62
29.62
29.7
29.07
28.54
28.54
29.1
H2O %
61.7
61.4
61.4
61.4
61.5
61.7
61.7
61.5
H2O wt
112.3
112.3
112.3
113.22
112.42
112.17
112.17
112.48
Muscle mass %
43.8
43.6
43.6
43.6
43.7
43.8
43.8
43.7
Muscle wt.
79.72
80.22
80.22
80.4
79.88
79.63
79.63
79.96
MM:BF
ratio
2.79
2.71
2.71
2.71
2.75
2.79
2.79
2.75
Yearly ave: 180.3   Monthly (September) ave: 182.1


82816 – Sunday [#71]: wake 0400… Is this a new session? No.
AMX – chair yoga and mat stretches. More plow, got to lengthen and open and strengthen the back. I really should create a practice to address these poses I want to improve.

Tea-
Weigh in [-2.8] Sweat it out over night…
Bkft – chicken soup – bring the sweat!
Round II: [N] –
Brisk walk to the station. Just made the train. Easy up the steps.
Lunch: Tootsies 75% kale, cottage, chicken –
Trapped at the gig for OT… will make the most of it. Slip out of necessary. Train here? And see what tomorrow brings. Don’t have FF at the Y so…

Tea –
Half duck for dinner – done before 20:00.
OT – done deal. Meant to be. Head home, sleep well.
ACV –
Weigh out 184  [+2 lbs.]



82916 – Monday [#72]: wake 0400, maybe 5.5 hours sleep?

Round I: [H-F] –
AMX chair twist, mat – wake up work.
Tea –
Weigh in 0 – not enough sleep to burn… very much in the danger zone, but body will come back in 2-3 days.

No YGX today, so I’m on my own. Schedule need to be readjusted due to OT @ the gig.
Bkft – p-butter scoops, basically skipped breakfast.
Gig – T-mix and vits
Round II: [N] –
Round III: [N] –
Lunch – Pasta salad (7-11) I want tea… (At Ray’s after work).  Got to wish Jini. Missed the Yaya connect.  69 st for groceries.. walk back.

Tea – p-butter, blueberries, etc.
Dinner 2x Turkey burgers, spinach, cottage cheese.
No activity.
Weigh out 185.8!!! (WOW!!) [+1.8] – Got my wish. I need to push some weight tomorrow. Don’t feel a need for breakfast at this point.. But turkey soup is in the crock.
ACV + Chlorella before bed. Anticipating the gain. Record territory.. but it’s just food. (Might build some muscle out of it. Long break.)


83016 – Tuesday [#73]: Wake 0400 – chair, mat, stretch, plow, bridge, twists, spread fingers and hands. Can do this all day.

Tea – thought about skipping bkft… but soup.
Weigh in – too early to call this a new set point – lost the 1.8 gained yesterday.

Round I: @ wake [HB] –

Despite weight gain, face looks more defined. Cheek bones seem to be emerging. (Dream note: Jennn showed up again. For something so brief and so long ago, her memory is still strong.)

Bkft – turkey Soup.
Gig: T-mix. Hungry or habit? And Vits. Gym Today.
Round II: [N] –
Round III: [T-L]
Lunch – Park’s – Turkey, cottage, avos, greens. 76% protein for lifting. Blow out stack… need lift therapy.

YMCA – pre-supps.
The work: db press 60 – 65 – 70 – 75 x 3 (5-6 reps)
Decline smith – stronger 130 on the bar.
Seated row – cable is tight 4 sets.
Leg raises – hanging 3 sets.
High cable presses – light 3 sets.
Cable straight arm pull downs 3 sets.
Lateral hangs 1 set.. well, 2 sets, but second set was weak. (Jupiter in the house – major)
Shoulder presses dbs 35 lbs. 3 sets and stronger.
60 – 70 minutes. Post supps.
Worked into a slight headache. Clogged drain maybe? Ride home.
Home – cut down weeds.
Meal – Turkey soup – tea.
I could use more stretching.
Round IV: [N] –
More tea. A couple of scoops of p-butter, not very hungry. Got some stretching done. Found a new muscle.
Weigh out 185.4 [+1.4] a little lower than yesterday. We’ll see what sleep brings.


83116 – Wednesday [#74]: wake 0400 at alarm. Good sleep. I recall something odd in the dream. I can’t recall.

AMX – chair, mat, twist, stretch. Balance 45 mins.
Tea – Bkft – turkey soup.

Gig: Round I: [N] –
Round II: [X B-F] –
Lunch time – Tea (T-mix and apple the Gig AM)
Round III: [L] –

Home – opted for a break today, but may get some work done at home.
Round IV: [X-P] – feels like it.
3 days since duck and OT… body metabolism/detox taking longer (or maybe this isn’t the case.)  Feels like it though. Got a few shakes.

Meal – Angus, shrooms, spinach, cottage.
A few sets of shoulder pushups and straight back squats, assisted chest is sore from yesterday.

Got shredding done.
P-butter scoops and ACV before bed.

The bod was restless today. Things are going to be different, or not so different because I haven’t been doing Tuesdays in many months. I really have to get outside for training on the regular. Not just muscling up.
Weigh out – 184.4 zero – Bod wentthrough pains to get here. Slower recovery time due to no aerobics… guess I can get back later. Now I want to lift and BWT… aka… tricks.
G’nite

90116 – Thursday [#75]: Wake 0730 – rain. Good sweat over night. Bizarre dream involving a kidnap and ransom and the numbers 608 & 776 were the first 6 digits of the phone contact or code. I couldn’t remember the last 4 (maybe I should play these numbers) – I even tried to write the digits on my hand, but they faded away.

Round I: [BFF] – Y today before breakfast. Better get my ish together.
Tea –
Round II: [N-M] – The calling… to the gym. I will have to fight for it today. T-mix prepped, post protien mix mixed. Blowout stack prepped and feeling good. Now – get ready for it! Mind ready.

Weigh in slow recovery [-1.6 lbs].
To the gym 0955 (out of the house). Later than envisioned as usual. Upper Bod is sore. It’s lasting longer these days. Harder work?

YMCA – strong leg day. Dynamic warm ups, deep squats, leg press got 180 & 270 lbs for 30 reps each. Now I can start with 270 lbs. 540 went well for 2 sets, 10 reps total. No calf issues – maybe I can move up to 630?? (we can get used to anything.. this is conditioning).
Thigh dips 1 warm up no wt. then 3 sets w/ 10 lbs dbs.
Lunges 25 lbs dbs 3 sets 10 – 12 – 14 total.
Deep squats assisted. Shin flex 70 lbs works well, maybe I can max it next time. Overhead bench squats (seated) w/ the power bar. Still need to be stronger in the core.
Hanging leg lifts 3 x 10 actually stronger here. Hanging “rev planks” let’s call them – 3 sets. (Need to straighten this out.. working to allow the legs to hang a little bit.)

Smith floor dead presses – start 90 lbs end 180. Tough, but working towards greater strength and power!! Love it!!Head stand crunches. Must be close to 100 minutes. Need to do more on my head. Neck muscles and such.

Pre- cottage cheese & blowout stack before leaving the house. Aminos and BY at the gym. Protein mix and post aminos and glutamine afterwards. This training done on as empty stomach. Did not feel hungry. A little hunger after. Looking for the high protein lunch. Sun’s beginning to emerge.

First official meal: Aquarius Diner 13:45 sausage and eggs and vitamins (maybe0.

Round IV: [Q-P] – done!!
Maybe eat.
Meal – turkey soup.
Brief hang with The Llama.
Home – peanuts and more tea.

Boredom tea. It’s interesting how life happens. Don’t change a thing. Scored some UA tights at Marshall’s – half price. Ha shaopping! 3 down 2 to go.

Weigh out 184 [+1.2] better than previous. Got rid of a lot of matter today. Maybe repeat tomorrow, the training on the empty stomach. Lighter, more BTW – Oh ACV and good night.



90216 – Friday [#76]: wake 0715 and out of bed…
Tea-scattered AMX feel hungry but activity… even some minor exercise holds back the hunger.

Round I: [N] – 24 hrs… but maybe yesterday there was an opportunity to finalize the duck content and close it out.

Weigh in – all this work and [-3.2] big drop… to pay for the OT. Nice check tho.
Bkft – juice blend and creatine.. but headache right after. Second time. No juice blends in the morning. Aiming for the Y around 1300.

30 minutes nod – Tea. Cottage cheese and blowout stack.

YMCA – pre-supps – aminos & BY –
The Work – Lots of pulling, recovering, shrugging. Band work for legs and back. Body weight and cables and bands and machines. Upper-upper work. Getting stronger here. Will feel the love tomorrow.

Ride Home –
Meal: 2x turkey cheese burgers and shrooms and vits. Appx 1530 – 1600? Could be the last meal of the day. Discovering I don’t need much food if I’m active.

P-butter, blueberries, cinnamon and honey.
ACV – little stretch work out. Upper back is feeling it already.
Weigh in 181.8 No gain!! Woo hoo!! Ate well, no hunger. Maybe I should have a bowl of cottage cheese before the gig. Short sleep tonight.. we’ll see.

90316 – Saturday [#77]: wake 0400 AMX – chair, twist mat – sore back – upper muscles – twists. Feeling a bit more flexible.
Tea –
Round I: [TN] –
Weigh in – zero… plateau – short sleep. Wondering if I won the week. Gonna follow yesterday’s strategy, cottage cheese and blowout stack and “bkft” see if hunger stays away. Maybe until 1100 (get t-mix just in case of boredom eating.)

Ran for the train and made it.
Gig – jumped right into the t-mix.
Round II: [N] –
Round III: [Q] – back to back. Might note 8x Vitamin C due to upper left canines warning of a cold coming.

Lunch – salmon salad 61% Park’s.
Meal (After work); squid vermicelli at anh Hong, w/ Blossom.

Walk from 69th st. home.

Nod: In anticipation of something then introvert emerges and I don’t see the point. Whichever decision I make is the right one.
Weigh out 183.4 [+1.6]
Since I’m awake though…
Pineapple slices and p-butter late night. Forgot the ACV.. oh well.

End of Session 6
 

No comments:

Post a Comment