Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Session I: 61916 – 70216

Philadelphia, A Good Place to be from.... FAR FROM!!




Escape from Philadelphia
Chapter I: Summer 61916 - 92416

Session I: 61916 – 70216 

Season 6 started the day after the annual Funky Luau, at which I ate, mostly Paleo and drank rum punch & ginger beer early, and then straight water for the balance of the night. It was also the first day of a four-day practice retirement, which means better control of activity. Tuesday’s plunge came after a 2 mile run, which is basically a cheat weigh in; I did however work to provide the following evidence. My set weight is probably 180 because my body keeps returning to it whether I party on weekends, or run/exercise mid-week.  If I want to reset my weight I will probably have to run it down. The only way I will run consistently is if it’s more of an experiment than anything else.

At some point I decided to eat more meat, especially at home; eat out less during work and add more fruit to my snacks at the gig. I realized this week that I like cottage cheese and have been adding that to my meals. Despite all of this, or perhaps because of it, I ended up dead even this week on pounds gained vs. loss. So I start the Season at zero.

This week was more social than usual as well, which generally means I get less fitness activity in. This could also account for the weight. I’m going to have to get and be (and practice) more seriousness when it comes to meeting weight and ratio goals. I came very close to 3:1 this week, but didn’t crack the ceiling. I want 3:1 to be the norm this season.

Day
Sunday
6-19
Monday
6-20
Tuesday
6-21
Wednesday
6-22
Thursday
6-23
Friday
6-24
Saturday
6-25
Ave.
Weight
181.6
180.8
177.6
178.8
179.4
181
181
180
Body Fat %
15.6
15.5
14.8
15
15.2
15.7
15.5
15.3
BF wt.
28.33
28.02
26.28
26.82
27.27
28.42
28.06
27.6
H2O %
61.7
61.8
62.3
62.2
62
61.7
61.8
61.9
H2O wt
112.04
111.73
110.64
111.21
111.28
111.67
111.85
111.42
Muscle mass %
43.8
43.9
44.3
44.2
44
43.8
43.9
44
Muscle wt.
79.54
79.37
78.68
79.03
78.94
79.28
79.46
79.18
MM:BF
ratio
2.81
2.83
2.99
2.95
2.89
2.79
2.83
2.87

 



61916 – Sunday [#1]: wake 0700-ish. Lite AMX, legs still sore, so squats and lunge squats were in order. Some pushups too.

Tea:
Round I & II [M] –
Weigh in: 181.6 lbs.  15.6% Body Fat -  61.7%  Water 43.8% Muscle Mass – according to the scale. This was a gift. Although I didn’t eat or drink a lot at the Luau, it was a party and as I’ve decided to weigh out nightly before bed I remember being like 186 when I got in. so like I say, a gift. I’m hungry too.

Bkft – goat stew.
Head out to train. 1 hour workout with Isabella. Basically a CSX session on the banks. Maybe some home work later. Still kind of pumped.

Home. Tea. Siesta – (so much for pumped, that ended real quick.)  I was out for about 3 hours. Up at 1630 –ish. I think I can restart the day – remember ACV and daily vits. What happens next? We’ll see.
Worked around the house and drank tea.

Dinner 3x chicken thighs and oyster shrooms and Chinese broccoli. It gets the fire going; a slight sweat.

Fruit smoothie w/ creatine. Later, more tea.
Late to bed around 24oo.
Weigh out 183 (+1.4)

62016 – Monday [#2] – Summer – wake 0600?

Round I: [N] –
Tea..
Weigh in 180.8 (-2.2) – right direction.

Protein breakfast and hit the Y… but still leaning towards the playground. Not sure yet. Need some energy though. (Y this afternoon for FF).

Bkft – Angus burger and egg, o’shrooms.
Round II: [N] –
Round III: [T-L] – To the Y. walk to trolley.

AMX @ YMCA
Step ups, jump squats, thigh dips, jumping front kicks 4 rounds.
Jump squats 35 x12; 40 + 45 x 10; 50 x 8 – super cardio, often need to sit after these.
Kicks, 10 each.. first time doing these for any duration.
Step ups on the dumbbells, at least 20 each.
Thigh dips, got a set of 8, but these are still hard.

Hanging pull ups, deep dips, smith pushups 3 rounds.

Smith bar tuck and straight leg pulls (3) and push overs (2) radiator dips (low). Got tired on this set and stretched it out. I’m working until I can barely go on. The BWT wears me out. More energy.

BCAAs after & BY head to Aquarius diner. Maca glute at home.
Guac –
Round III: [N] –
Round IV: [T] – ready for the Y.
Fruit smoothie w/ creatine.
Ride to the Y.

Functional Fitness – fairly strong. Good participation. Takes longer to warm up. Got to handle that (more cardio AMX, that would be the best.) Pre-supps, aminos, herbs; BY post. Ride home.

Apple & tea at home and cashews and almonds.
Round V: [T-N] –
Weigh out 179.8  (-1) – this almost slipped by me. Lost weight today.

62116 – Tuesday [#3] – wake 0700. I know I said I was gonna run, but I put it off.

Round I: [L] –
Tea – want to run before 0900. Won’t happen.
Park Run 0923 – 0953. 2 miles, slow one on the street and back through the woods. It wasn’t as bad as I imagined. I just kept going. Breath was steady, no joint pain. I’ve run better when heavier. I’m just out of running condition and need to do more of it.

Weigh in – 177.6: 14.8: 62.3: 44.3 – haven’t been here in a while. This is what I’ll have to do to get here and stay here.

I need a strong comeback. Got walking and maybe lifting to do… maybe.
Bkft: dble t-cheese burger. Recovery meal. O’shrooms and scallions from my garden.
Tea and chill.
Can’t train in the AM and vegge the rest of the day. Got to hike to market. Maybe smoothie first for energy. Fruit carbs and creatine. Keep moving or drop.

Round II: [T] – 2.99:1 early success this season. Already thinking about the charts and not mad at the scale, apparently it was me, Ha! I know what I have to do, keep fueled.

Walk to market and back 30 minutes each way – same pace. First time doing this after a run. Fruit smoothie after no CR – took BCAA’s though and should add BY too.

Meal: 2x thighs.
Round iii; [L-N] – kind of sparse.
Tea –
Round IV: [X-N] – back to back. Feelin’ the burn. Change in activity I’ll bet. All these changes work together.

Fruit smoothie w/ creatine and chia. Snacks, more tea.
Plank and hold workout w/ yoga stuff. Side planks, dip planks… design something here.
Chlorella before bed & h2O
Weigh out: 180.4 [+2.8].

62216 – Wednesday [#4]: wake 0715 tea and cheap AMX – just getting the blood going. No need for a $AM workout when I plan to hit the gym before noon.
Tea –
Round I: [N] –
Weigh in: not complaining for just getting up and having tea. Drop -1.6 over night.

To the Y: walk 20 minutes to the trolley.
Legs – Lift – deadlifts.
Warm ups 3 x 10 135, 155, 185: 225 x 5; 285 x 3; 315 x 1 335 x 1 – 2 sets.
Barbell shrugs, up to 325 lbs.
Leg presses – high reps, several sets 2 x static holds with extreme weights.
Hand stands – 3 rounds.
Protein drink BCAA, maca and glutamine.
Walk 20 mins to AQ diner sausage and eggs. Filling meal.
Half way through the day. What next? Walk home. Do some creative stuff.
Round II; [T-N] –
Fruit/yogurt smoothie.
Tea.
Round III: [QNF] – good development. Borderline.

Cottage cheese w/ ginger, pepper, cayenne and hot peppers – I actually like it.
Cashews – I’m thinking tea and strength and stretchercize – not so much.
C&C before bed. Weigh out 181 [+2.2]. Only carbs today, raw sugar, fruit and yogurt. Cut enough I’d say.

Gig tomorrow so up early and push the AMX. Maybe go straight strength… see how I feel.
62316 – Thursday [#5]: WAKE 0400. AMX 40 minutes. Stretch, holds and yoga strength.

Tea –
Weigh in – looks like I can push the weight down with a high activity day, but it wants to return to the ‘set’ weight. Looks like this is happening now. Eats are still low carb. Maybe it should be higher in fat. (Fat should be the highest.) Also three hours less sleep. Weight loss is consistent.

I like cottage cheese.
Bkft – Goat stew.

Gig – Apple, t-mix, cheese stick.
Traffic Jam –
Round I: [N] – late start.
Lunch – tea.
Round II: [X] – Petox – high. Ketosis?
Round III: [XQ] – quick follow up.
Round IV: [L] – Home.
Back out – walk the parkway – 20 minutes, still a mile I guess.
Dark beer on the spruce Harbor Park and turkey omelet south street Diner. Done before 2000. Walk to Delaware River from City Hall.

Home – nod early. No tea or C&C. No Chores. No reason to stay awake.

62416 – Friday [#6]: Wake 0400. House chores – neglected dishes.
Tea –
Weigh in – Massive retreat from goals. Considering extending the fast or protein fruit shake to start the day. Hmmm. Should re-ignite calisthenics and add strength to the morning routine. Feeling lazy but looking tight. Thought I might have hit ketosis yesterday – but no way to be certain. Not trying to get there. Not testing.

Circumstances favored extending the fast, despite a taste of guacamole w/ cottage cheese added. Tasty.

Gig – yogurt & t-mix.
Round I: [N] –

Round II: [XQF] –
Home – put off X for hours. Tea, not hungry.
Good round of home work.
Weigh out – 182.8 Danger zone. +1.8 lbs
C&C before bed, just after 2200. Sleepy too.
Only two rounds? I know what’s coming.

62516 – Saturday [#7]: Wake 0530 – second alarm. H2O, ACV, Tea.

AMX – not very dynamic but got sweat. Broke it into two parts. I’m slumping I feel. Could’ve run this AM but didn’t. must internalize running protocol. This will be a key strategy in knocking down the set point.

Round I: [N] @ wake.
Bkft; Chicken breasts 3 x cottage cheese, scallions and o’shrooms.
Round II: [NF] –
Head to DEL – ice cream fest.
Weigh in -1.8 discipline today. Don’t eat junk. Got some b-ball in. Ice cream fest.. brisket and lamb and fruit smoothie.. no bread. 2 beers and H2O.

Round III: [X-F] – Salmon Salad at Harvest. QT in the house.

Round IV: [N]
Round V: [NS] – long round. Festival food.
Random HR 62 BPM – not bad. Not resting.
2300 & bed. Maybe C&C.
Weigh out – 183.2 +2.2
First week ends. Got some new data. Looks like I’m gaining more during the day than I’m losing at night. If I can lose or keep steady during the day, I can start cutting. I must run more. Drag my ass out there!! 


 END OF SESSION 1.1



The average this week is up over a pound! And this is summer. So what’s the deal? Eating? Activity? General health? Who knows? This week may be the harbinger of a steady growth spurt. It looks like muscle in the mirror, but it’s fat on the scale. Yes, I’m still having scale issues, but working on it. I got two runs and a long walk in this week; a day of lifting and an Eat Sweat session at the house – and subbed a session at TU… yet I’ve gained. Weight gain is a reflection of the diet. So what’s been going in the belly? Lots of chicken and turkey burgers, cottage cheese, Angus burgers, fruit and no eating out for lunch. Possible cause could be lack of greens in the diet? No. there has been Chinese broccoli with some meals. 

The biggest changes I’ve made in the diet have been more meat, more protein (cheese, sour cream, heavy cream in shakes), and not going out for lunch. Gainers beat losers this week by 1.6 lbs. This could be a trend. I’m going to keep getting runs (well, jogs until they become runs) in, lift days, long walks and body weight trainings, and I’m going to let the weight thing go. I’ll keep tracking – but I’ll have to keep an eye on the middle… the belly. That’s going to be my warning sign. I may have to give up the ratio for a while too. Of course, it could just be the day. My whole attitude could change next week, especially if those numbers go below 180 again. Oh and finally… I’ve been losing about 1.5 lbs. overnight while I sleep.  Cheers.



Day
Sunday
6-26
Monday
6-27
Tuesday
6-28
Wednesday
6-29
Thursday
6-30
Friday
7-1
Saturday
7-2
Ave.
Weight
182
181.6
179.4
180.4
180.4
180.8
182.6
181.02
Body Fat %
15.9
15.7
15.3
15.3
15.3
15.5
15.7
15.5
BF wt.
28.94
28.51
27.45
27.6
27.6
28.02
28.67
28.11
H2O %
61.5
61.7
62
62
62
61.8
61.7
61.8
H2O wt
111.93
112.04
111.22
111.84
111.84
111.73
112.66
111.87
Muscle mass %
43.7
43.8
44
44
44
43.9
43.8
43.9
Muscle wt.
79.53
79.54
78.94
79.38
79.38
79.37
79.98
79.44
MM:BF
ratio
2.75
2.79
2.88
2.88
2.88
2.83
2.79
2.83


62616 – Sunday [#8] – wake 0400 – surprisingly awake despite eyes very sleepy.

Good AMX – jumps and leaps and pushups.
Tea – Round I: [N] – Weigh in [-1.2 lbs.]
Bkft – 2x t-burgers, o’shrooms, scallions, vitamins.
Round II: [N] – Gig. Apple slices. Sliced apples go better. T-mix

Note: Leaky faucet. Sore lower back, right side. Too much time in the massage chair.
Round III: [QD] – Hot! Cheese stick, lite eats.
Round IV: [QD] – That fair food?

Walk to the hardware store and home. Fixed faucet.

Eventually got to an Eat sweat work out, then chicken and cottage cheese. 3x tea this eve. (Still drink tea out of boredom. More sweat.. start slow, just don’t quit. It will come.

Intermittent fasting and keto diet? Am I there? No grains, fruit, nuts, meat, cheese, veggies. Look lean but scale doesn’t agree. Not 3 weeks yet. Week two of Season 6 – maybe this should be keto season. Guac bowl. C&C before bed.
Weigh out – 183.6 [+1.6].

62716 – Monday [#9] – wake 0400. Slow AMX – Tea.

Round I: [N] – Shouldn’t extend the fast today.
Bkft – Angus burger, cottage cheese. Need more cottage cheese. (Large curd preferred.)

How long since I haven’t been eating out for lunch? What’s different? Anything?

Average weight for this year is still below 180 lbs., but closing in. I’d better get my shish together. I’m almost 4 lbs under last year’s average (183.61) and 6.25 lbs off the 11 year average. I’d better pick it up. Goal is 175 and I’m way off. Still further off the 4:1 ratio goal.

Gig – Apple and cheese stick. T-mix.
Round II: [N] –
Round III: [QD] –

YMCA – pre-class:
Step ups 4 rounds 40 each.
Jump squats 40 lbs x 10; 45 x 10 (2 sets) 55 x 10 1 time (50s not available. I remember some kid training for football doing 55 lbs many years ago. Never thought I’d be doing these. It’s a rush!!)
Thigh Dips – 4 sets, maxed 8, still tough getting 6. It seems to take longer to improve with body weight than iron. Maybe it’s just less noticeable.
Jumping front kicks. Up to 12 each now.
Smith Machine push ups, deep declined with shoulders.
Pulls – wide and power pull ups (flats).
Overall, good work. This is pretty much my Monday routine. BCAA’s after.

Class.. I was pumped!!! (At least I told myself that to pump me up.) 70% caught a second wind. Protein post class.
Ride home.
Dbl cheese turkey burger w/ sour cream and shrooms. Maca & glute, aminos and some stretching, upper-upper neck and back 2x tea.
Round IV: [N] –
Weigh out 183.4 [+1.8]


62816 – Tuesday [#10] – wake 0800 – 10 hours sleep.
ACV, tea.
Round I: [BFF] – fruit and fiber and protein. No C&C before bed. So more natural.

AMX – pushing myself to a run. Not there yet. But must do it!!

AMX – 2 mile jog/walk 33 minutes (15/18).
Weigh in 179.4 – [-4 lbs] run loss. Boots and gloves, paved sidewalk both ways. Wet and humid.

Bkft 3x chicken breasts, chin-broc, shrooms, sour cream.
Snack fruit smoothie w/ Cr, Chia and 2 tbs cream.

Eat – P-butter, honey cinnamon. House chores (change kitchen lights)

Walk 40 – 45 mins to Mom’s. dinner 4x drum sticks and veggies.

I’ve had a lot of tea today and about to have one before bed. Just one round though. Not normal. C&C before bed? Maybe ACV before bed might work better to break up the day’s eats.

Went w/ Vit C and ACV before bed.
Weigh out 182 [+2.6] – probably b/c the weigh in was artificially low from the run.

62916 – Wednesday [#11] – Wake 0630 – Sunny.
Round I: [N] –
I am convincing myself to ‘run’ – dress for it…push myself outside – this will be the 2d day in a row if I do it. Extend the fast too. Check the weight.. “cheat weight” I call it… After the run.

AMX – 2 mile jog (13/16) , 30 minutes. Whole way this time. Super sweat. Aminos, glue, maca after.

Weigh in 180.4 [-1.8] overnight. After a run and long walk yesterday. Body doesn’t respond the way it used to. UGH!!

Bkft – angus burger, Chinese broccoli, shrooms, 2x tea already.
Fruit & cream smoothie w/ creatine, vits and supps taken.
Round II: [N-C] catch up.
More tea, boredom tea – laundry.

Go to Y aim for 1330 – 1400… Lift – imagining much chest work and shoulders. Maybe some legs. Mine are burning from the run.

Walk to trolley 20 mins.
YMCA pre-supps herbs, 4x cayenne, aminos etc.

Lift therapy –
Bench press: hi reps low weight to low reps, high weight maxed 155.. how poor is that?
Seated military press 3 x 10 moderate weight.
Pull overs and db belly press 3 x 15 – 10 40,50,60 lbs.
Bent flies 30 & 35 lbs 4 sets.
Seated rows and shrug pulls.
Seated hip rock/row – done 1 hour +(thought it was longer)
Ride to 69 thinking diner AQ diner, eggs and steak (chopped) H2O Maca & Glute.

Walk home.
P-butter, and p-butter cream, cr protein shake before 1900. That will do it for the day. Got time for chores and in bed early. Gig & TU tomorrow.
C&C tonight (Chlorella and Charcoal) maybe ACV?
Weigh in 181 – 15.8 – 61.6 – 43.7 +1.2 fairly low. Good sign?

63016 – Thursday [#12] – wake 0400 – stretch and AMX
Tea –
Round I; [N] –
Weigh in 180.4 [-1.2] –
Bkft Chicken breast 2x mushrooms, cottage cheese – vits.
Pretty good up the El steps.

Round II: Gig, apple. T-mix

Round III: [Q-L] – Hot too. C&C?
Yogurt, plum, cheese stick.
Walk 8 & Race – Broad Ellsworth, Broad st. diner. Meal grilled salmon salad & H2O.
To temple.
Round IV: [X-N] pre-Aqua
Good aqua, broke sweat early. Lively group. Good day to sub.
Home, read tea.
Weigh out 182.6 [+2.4]


70116 – Friday [#13] – wake slow, sleepy eyes 0400. Yoga 30 minutes and holds. No AM tea… yet.

Round I: [N] – weigh in -1.8
Keeping out of the book today – still no proper lunch.
Round II: [N] –
Today’s eats apple, t-mix, cherries.

Round III: [X, B] –
Home – Tea

Round IV; [N] –
Good “Eat Sweat” work:
Warm up – heat up – squats
Pulls, pushups 1 hand stand. Ball work, stretch – massive sweat. It’s humid too.
Protein shake or meal? Might go meal… finish the chicken.

Went for chicken breast and shrooms, cottage cheese.
Watermelon and Tea.
C&C, ACV
Weigh out 183.4 +2.6
What did I consume that accounts for this? Oh well.


70216 – Saturday [#14] – wake 0400

Round I: [L]-ish
Cool morning.
AMX – Yoga, sun sal and stretch, twist, got o remember hollow body work and core strength. I think flexibility has decreased from lack of practice.
Tea –
Round II: [X] – weigh in 182.6 [-.8]

Bkft – protein, cr shake, p-butter egg, cayenne, chia and cream.
Weak up the steps, more tired than I should be

Not very hungry today. Pro shake? Just munching on t-mix. Maybe the stuff in the shake keeps my appetite down.

Round III: [X-N] – Yogurt, plumb, finished t-mix. Lounging all morning.
Round IV: [L] -  seaweed.

YMCA – Big Workout.
Round V: [L] –
BWT & Lift combo.
Pre-load stack 2x Maca, Yohimbe 1 CoQ10. Did this pump me up??

Start: lunges – seemd strong 20 each 15, 20, 25, 30 lbs.
Thigh dips, maxed 12 – seems stronger.
Pulls, bench press, coming around 155 max. pull overs, leg raises, like class smith pushups and declines and dips. Bar push over (kind of weak) Ab work handstand – very fatigued. Stretch after.
BCAA’s & BY post maybe try this combo again. This whole day… (of eating and supplementing and exercising)
Protein early, vits during the day. T-mix, fruit etc. and the maca-yo-co combo (or maybe it was me?)

Meal: Thai sausage and beef salad, spicy as shish!! Ride home from 69 feeling pretty pumped til I get home.

Round VI: [L] – might be feeling an after burn – protein burn combo with spice too. Gotta grab some aminos. Last meal 1830 – probably get some tea before bed. Put some smoked turkey in the crock pot and prep some chicken thighs and wind down.

Blueberries and 2x tea, but nothing else.
Still feeling energetic at 2210, but about to nod. ACV and will skip C&C this eve.

Weigh out 185.8 Could be all the meat. But still feel energized!!!
Maybe stay up a while. Weight up 3.2 lbs.. a record!! No make fat!!!


END OF SESSION 1

No comments:

Post a Comment